Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Memorial Field to Rocky Point

Don figured a way to secure our kayaks in the back of his pickup, so that it can hold one kayak or both of them. Here's the set-up for when I go for a paddle by myself.

So today I left from the Memorial Field boat launch and headed west on the Pend Oreille River to Rocky Point, which is just a little way past Chuck Slough.

The wind was in my face on the way out, which made it pretty hard to paddle, but it was pushing at my back on the way home, so all-in-all, it was a great paddle.  Also, I like it when the water is a little choppy, too.  It was fun, and challenging at the same time.  I was only one the water for about two hours, but if felt a lot longer with that wind.

Here's a pick of the narrow "beach" just beyond Chuck Slough that I was able to get out, stretch and take a swim before continuing on.

And then below that I put the map of today's paddle.  I'm enjoying using MapoMeter.com to chart my paddles.  It's fun to see how far I go each day.
















No comments:

Post a Comment