Sunday, July 19, 2015

Sunnyside State Park to Shaw Bay Paddle

It started out crystal clear and calm today. We got on the water about 10AM. Lake Pend Oreille was really smooth. We headed from the state park out on Sunnyside Road to Fisherman's Island, and looped around there. Also took a dip here. Don was birding. We saw a bald eagle, lots of spotted sandpipers, black-capped chickadees, and I forget what else. Then we continued on into the islands in Shaw Bay. Took another dip and had a snack there, before heading back out to the state park. We really didn't notice the wind until we were heading back out of Shaw Bay. Then, once we got around the end of the penninsula, the wind really picked up, straight head-on. So the last mile was really choppy and windy. It was hard to paddle there. But it was also fun. All in all, a great paddle. I'm so glad Don was able to come with me today. I've decided it's much more fun to paddle with someone. I think I'll be able to do just little exercise runs up Sand Creek by myself, knowing it's just for exercise, but for the fun, adventurous paddles, it's nice to share the experience with someone.



















Here's the map of our paddle:

No comments:

Post a Comment