Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Napping, a goal?

Wednesday, June 19 - Unless I do this every day, I'm going to be backtracking every day.  We'll see.  I did consider getting on last night, but I had just spent three hours going through photos from our California trip, and I didn't feel like being on the computer any more.  I had never gone through them since as soon as I got back I had so much going on (online endorsement portfolio, journalism class revision, two online classes, and regular 7-4 job at SMS).  Anyway, there were 1100 pictures in one of the folders, since we went to three NWRs that day.  I've got them down to about 750 pics.  I like to edit them down and crop before uploading them to the web with Picasa.

Going back to Monday, I did go to the gym, then read my book for awhile to try to finish it for book club that night.  The Deep Dark, about the Sunshine Mine disaster in 1972.  I think that would be a good book for my class to read, since it is right here in North Idaho.
 Very well-written, I thought, interesting and of local significance. I went to the grocery store to get hamburger buns for Book Club (got a few other things, too). I didn't finish it before book club that night. After reading for an hour or so, I took an hour nap, and then read for another hour before heading out.

The Baker Bus picked up Joann at 4:50PM, then zoomed over to Amanda's house for a 5:00PM pick up, and then stopped at the corner of Sagle Road and Hwy 95 to pick up Teddy.  Then another 1/2 hour to get to Mary's cabin on the lake.  It was an adventure!  I think the last time I drove down there I used the truck, and probably should have this time.  Very narrow track.  A good book club night.

Yesterday, June 18, 2013, was not such a successful day. I did not go to the gym.  Monday I had thought to go down to CDA on Tuesday, but didn't get out for that either.  I did accomplish taking another nap yesterday.  Apparently napping is an activity I can always work in.  I did a lot of laundry yesterday, and watched some of the French Open tennis match I had recorded a couple weekends ago.  I also got on ebird and added another list from last year.  When Don got home, I was working on that, and I think we completed the Kern NWR list from our California trip.  The trip home, Jan. 5 or 6.  We also stopped at Colusa and Sacramento NWRs.  Those were the images I was going through last night.  I need Don's help to finish those lists.

So, today I am going to the gym, and might go down to CDA, to Costco, and maybe clothes shopping.  It's raining, and is supposed to keep raining all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment