Thursday, June 20, 2013

Raining Again

Thursday, 6/20/13 - To finish yesterday, after going to the gym, I drove down to Coeur d'Alene and went to Macy's for a few things.  Then met Zack at Meltz for half a Simpleton.
 From there I went to Costco for gas and groceries.  I was on my way to Northland Nursery when I called Gretchen to see if she'd like to come along.  She recommended I go to Lowe's in Spokane Valley to pick out some plants (lower prices), so that's what I did.

So, now I  have bout 20 holes to dig!  Since we put in the new lawn, TurfCare expanded my gardens, too, which is kind of the bad part about getting the new lawn.  I'm really not a gardener.  So anyway, now I have to fill up all the new spaces.  They also circled our trees with edging, so we are going to fill three of those with river rock, and the other two I'll plant some of the plants I got yesterday.  Got some vinca for under the one that is the driest and gets the most sun.  The other one is in the shade all day, so got some shade plants for there, and a couple of those tallish barberry bushes.

However, due to the heavy rain and wind, I won't be planting this morning.  It's supposed to lighten up a bit  this afternoon, so I might be able to dig my holes then.  I'd like to at least get started.

The other thing I need to get started on is my IDLA class.  I've put it off for four days...  Time to stop procrastinating, which I will do, right after I go to the gym.  :)

I've seen the Eurasian Collared Doves in our backyard these past two days, under the Cedar tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment